Tuesday, June 22, 2010

pure green {living}: Jacqui from So Good & Tasty



You many remember the Pure Green Living series on Pure Green...it kind of fizzled out for a while, I got too busy to organize myself and find contributors...well, it's back!  For those of you who are new, Pure Green Living is a column where real people give real ideas to live green.  We've all seen movies and read books/magazines about it, but a "expert" giving you stale ideas is not always inspiring, acheivable or accessible.  Hence, I have taken to asking my friends from all around what ideas they have, and sharing them with you.  Here, have a little taste of green inspiration!

Our first guest is Jacqui, who writes a scrumptous and beautifully photographed food blog called So Good & Tasty.  As if that weren't enough, she also manages an online graphic design business called Slide Sideways.  Oh, and she's getting married this August!  Congratulations Jacqui!

I live in Tacoma, WA, where I run a graphic design and handmade business with my husband Scott, called Slide Sideways. We create all kinds of original screen printed artwork and home accessories, while maintaining our core values by using environmentally safe inks and recycled and organic materials.


My green living idea is just to live simply. I recently heard a quote stated by Yvon Chouinard (founder of Patagonia) "the hardest thing in the world is to simplify your life, it's so easy to make it complex." That totally resonates with me. There are so many distractions and technology these days and everything moves so fast. I like to take the time to slow things down and walk or ride my bike when I can, or cooking at home and baking a great loaf of bread. These are simple things that might be harder to maintain, but have a huge pay-off in leading a green lifestyle. Plus they pull me back down to earth and make me realize I am part of this planet and that every choice I make, no matter how big or small, will leave its impact one way or another.  









Thanks Jacqui!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails