Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Designing Green - Monique Keegan

I must apologize for my lack of post yesterday - but I surely hope this will more than make up for it. Enter Stonehill, the home Monique Keegan and her husband rescued from dilapidated wreck to vintage industrial glory. I love this home, as it shows what a lifetime of carefully curating vintage pieces can yield. Every room features unique, repurposed objects, yet they are seamlessly tied together with a single, fabulous, vintage industrial thread. This look has really been enjoying a revival lately. I believe this is because younger people are discovering the joys of 'antiquing' and are drawn to the industrial look as it exudes an edgy look. Vintage is all about finding the potential in a discarded item, and it allows one to find an individual sense of style, as no two people will see the same thing. Anyway, with no further ado, scroll on through this industrial beauty and enjoy. (I know there's a lot to absorb here, but I just couldn't bring myself to choose!!!)











photos via: Country Living

Bookmark and Share



2 comments:

  1. I love the concept of "everything old is new again"..... always have, alway will. Especially when made made of natural products: wood, stone, fabric.
    I'm glad to see young people embracing this very old concept of recylcing old things creatively.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't be more right. It brings such indivdualism to your home, something I think everyone is always searching for. As a result, flea markets are one of my favourite places! Thank you for your comment!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails